Get Involved Idea! If you are in a book club, try reading for Growing with Books. Your sponsorship will help create a mini-library. You can help hundreds of parents and young children make reading a part of their daily lives. These libraries will be in doctor's offices, daycare centers, refuge camps, and work places. For every library you sponsor, your reading group will receive a full report with photos telling where the libraries have been established and the communities they serve.
Growing with Books is committed to transforming and enriching children lives in developing countries. Your support will make a difference. Your involvement will change children lives. Here is how you can help.
You can make an online donation now by using your credit card. You can also send a check by mail.
Not certain how much to donate? Make a selection from our Wish List of items needed for Growing with Books programs in Jordan.
We are happy to accept gifts of stock. The IRS provides one of its most significant tax breaks for donations of appreciated securities. To make a stock gift to Growing with Books, please follow this two-step process:
1. Download our Stock Donation Form (Adobe PDF, 123 kB), complete the form, and fax it back to Growing with Books at +1 (415) 945-1324. This will ensure that we have the necessary information to properly acknowledge and credit your gift.
2. Notify Growing with Books of the transfer by contacting Rana Madanat at +1 (415) 927-1102 or .
Sponsor a Mini-Community Library, the Scholarship Program, a Structured Library, or Family Reading Room. Contact if you would like to sponsor one of these initiatives.
- $1,000 will fund an entire Mini-Community Library which will provide bookcases filled with colorful bilingual storybooks for children eight years and under. These community libraries will be established in daycare centers, doctors’ offices, refugee camps, and offices. Parents with young children will have easy access to books.
- $6,500 The Scholarship Program: This fund will enable young women in Jordan to go to college. Without scholarships, these girls will not be able to pursue a higher education. Only 8 percent of Jordanian girls attend colleges. The fund will provide four years of university education, including tuition, fees, and books.
- $7,000 A Family Reading Room is part of a structured library. Your donation will provide parents and their young children the experience and joy of reading and learning. Children will be given the chance to explore and to learn in a friendly safe environment with colorful walls, furniture, and educational materials such as puzzles, games, flash cards, and posters. This family reading room will be used to host story time for children and the training program for parents and caregivers.
- $10,000 CHildren's Reading Room sponsorship will establish a main children's reading room in a structured library. Hundreds of children who have never seen storybooks or experienced story times will be introduced to books. This room will be filled with bilingual story books for children up to the age of eight, usually between 700 to 1,000 books, depending on the size of the library, colorful bookcses, small tables, and chairs.
- $12,000–$20,000 Library Construction Fund for growing communities in developing countries. Local communities will designate a building or the land for the library. Most buildings will need repairs and remodeling. If the land is donated, Growing with Books will work with locals to cover the cost of labor and building materials.
Tell friends, family, and colleagues! We believe in old-fashioned word of mouth as the best way to inform people. Tell your family members, friends, and co-workers about Growing with Books. Click here to send a pre-formatted email to a friend..
Stay informed! Please sign up for the Growing with Books mailing list!